Saturday 14 October 2006

hopeless

Well it's been a slow week really...On tuesday i started to hang the wallpaper...Never having done this before i found it very tiring actually...I've done one wall and one alcove so far LOL...I had intended on doing another on wed and another on thurs and by today i had hoped to be finished...Well so much for that LOL...I do want to paint the walls once finished but for now i really can't be bothered...On the wall that i have papered i have put up 3 small shelves and on them i have put my crystal figures...Also i've hung up photographs of my younger sisters 3 children...My older sisters daughters graduation photo...The one of M from his school show last christmas...A photo of my 3 from my eldest nephews wedding 2 years ago and one of them when K was bridesmaid to her uncle...Also in pride of place is one of my dad taken in florida back in 1979 before he fell ill 2 months later...It's the last photo of him before he became ill and died 8 years later...In the alcove i have hung up silver wallpaper...I was thinking of putting the silver paper all across that wall ie: both alcoves and the chimney breast...Today though am thinking of only doing the alcoves in the silver...M wanted the walls all painted pale lilac like the ceiling...But am thinkinh chimney breast in the lilac and the other 3 walls in a paler version of the colour on the woodwork...It's a teal kinda colour which i really like...Having paler version of the will make the room less girlie and as you all know i don't go girlie LOL...Like i said i wanted it all finished except the painting by today but i didn't know that hanging wallpaper was going to give me a splitting headache and tire me out so much...This was all supposed to get done LAST SUMMER...but of course i ended up with severe pain all last summer and the emergency op on gall bladder...Then i meant to get it done at beginning of this year but had the mini breakdown in march...I would be doing the other 2 walls just now but the boys are watching star trek voyager on skyone so no can do...Promise it will be finished by next weekend.

So on tuesday the boys went to respite but only until 1.30pm...I did some wallpapering and then my best friend turned up after getting her hair done to cheer herself up a bit...I asked her if she wanted to come with us to watch the boys do the curling but she needed to go home to rest...Picked the boys up and took them up to the curling rink...Dropped them their and went to B&Q for the silver paper...When i got back G was not impressed...They all had to use a curling cue and he wasn't happy about that...Back at easter he hadn't used one at all and wanted to show the bloke teaching them what he could do...So this tues coming he is being allowed not to use a cue...The curling cue is a bit like a snooker cue with one main difference...On the end instead of a tip there is a metal bit that goes over the handle on the curling stone...So you place the cue over there and push the stone and the cue just slides off...M seems more interested in carrying this on than G does although G has enjoyed it...Will see what happens after the hols...On thurs they went to their other club from 11-3...They ended up going to the cinema to see a film called Click...I've no idea what it is about and haven't heard of it but they said it was ok...Next week they have respite, curling and should have triple A club again...Anyways going to see if they will let me look at whats on telly for the next few hours see if i can do some more papering...What i really need is some nice, youngish, single DDG man to come do my decoarting for me...Anyone know of one going free to a good home <gggg>

Toodle pip tc

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your opening graphic can I snag it please ?Your lounge sounds nice will you take pictures and show us when its done ? its nice to put all your favourite pictures where you can see them and enjoy ,bet it looks good with all your crystal too ,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff,  your colour scheme sounds really nice and not at all girlie. I`ll bet it`ll keep you busy though.  I could send Jim up to do your decorating but though he IS nice, he`s not single or youngish by any stretch of the imagination...lol! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

curling, wallpapering, painting, haud me doon hen ;)

Anonymous said...

I used to do the wallpapering years ago, Mike was away a good deal so I had no choice.  Too much for me these days so we use emulsion on the walls.  The colour scheme sounds very nice.  Have a good weekend.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I would like to see pictures of it when you have finished ~ it sounds really artistic and the colours sound lovely ~ I have watched curling on TV and thought it was a very interesting sport ~ Hope you find your prince charming to do the decorating for you Caff ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Lilac and Silver sound nice.I can paper but it is hard work and you end up knackered.And all the tidying up after too. .phew. Ive seen curling on telly,looks like housework to me : )

Anonymous said...

if you're really desperate, I'll send Himself <g>
L xxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/dreamyriver/DreamyTimes/

Anonymous said...

You'll have to send us the pictures and you could always write to santa for the nice single fella lol

Anonymous said...

What's a DDG man?  Do I want one too?  If you find one, can I have his Brother?
;o)
All sounds lovely, decorating wise, wishing you the energy to get it all finished!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

.............of all the greens teal is a favourite of mine.  You're doing a grand job of the DIY Caff.